Midwest trainer John E. Churchman Jr., who started two horses in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), died Aug. 18 after a long illness.
The first four persons have been chosen to receive scholarships from The Race For Education, formed to help children of persons employed in the Thoroughbred industry continue their schooling.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory