Midwest trainer John E. Churchman Jr., who started two horses in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), died Aug. 18 after a long illness.
The first four persons have been chosen to receive scholarships from The Race For Education, formed to help children of persons employed in the Thoroughbred industry continue their schooling.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud