Midwest trainer John E. Churchman Jr., who started two horses in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), died Aug. 18 after a long illness.
The first four persons have been chosen to receive scholarships from The Race For Education, formed to help children of persons employed in the Thoroughbred industry continue their schooling.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf