By selecting Churchill Downs to host the Breeders' Cup World Championships for two years in a row (2010-11) the Breeders' Cup is sending a message it is unlikely the annual event will return to smaller venues.
On the morning April 30, all the elements were coming together for two storms: the perfect storm that could result in a record crowd for the Kentucky Oaks and the heavy thunderstorms that are forecast for Kentucky Derby Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off