University of Kentucky researchers studying Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome are concerned that the results of a study by Oregon State University linking vesiviruses, which can affect a wide variety of mammals, to MRLS can be misconstrued.
Every state in the 48 contiguous United States has now experienced a taste of West Nile virus since it first was detected in the Western Hemisphere in 1999.
The neurologic form of equine herpesvirus type-1 has been confirmed as the cause of disease in two Maryland horses infected during a deadly outbreak this spring.
Rep. Robert Molaro Thursday postponed consideration of an Illinois Senate bill that would ban equine slaughter for human consumption in the state of Illinois. Dekalb, Ill., is the home of Cavel International, one of the remaining equine slaughter facilities, recently rebuilt after a fire destroyed the former facility.
The use of a treadmill during endoscopic exams is becoming more common and useful.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Nov. 19 approved Navigator for treating equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM). This drug has been under development for more than six years.
A new West Nile virus (WNV) equine recombinant canarypox vaccine awaits USDA approval, and once available, could pave the way for a new generation of equine vaccines in the United States.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan