Owner Charles "Chuck" Sandford died at his home near Chicago Dec. 2 following a long battle with cancer. He was 70.
A colt by Unbridled's Song was purchased by Chuck Sandford for $400,000 to be the top-priced offering during the first half of the yearling portion of the Fasig-Tipon Kentucky July sale in Lexington July 14.
Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Take Charge Indy continued his preparations for Friday's $400,000 Clark Handicap Presented by Norton Healthcare (gr. I) with a three-furlong workout in :35 2/5.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. February select sale of 2-year-olds in training suffered downturns in its key business figures of gross, average price, and median price for the second year in a row.
Price surpasses sale-topping amount at 2009 edition of February juvenile auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park