Victor Trujillo, saddling just his second horse as a head trainer, earned his first career training victory Dec. 30 at Golden Gate Fields when his 3-year-old gelding Floating Feather won the fourth race.
Chuck Jenda, who conditioned Northern California's first Eclipse Award winner, Brown Bess, has retired from training after a successful 36-year career.
Suzanne Pashayan's Brown Bess, the 1989 champion grass mare, was euthanized July 15 because of complications from colic.
- By Jack Shinar
Seawolf Stables, a unique fundraising endeavor for Sonoma State University athletics, got off to a noteworthy debut when its 2-year-old gelding Irish Dodger finished a surprising second at odds of 29-1 Aug. 7 in his first start at Santa Rosa.
Veteran trainer Chuck Jenda attempts to win the stakes named in honor of his former champion when he sends out A B Noodle in the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Golden Gate Fields turf course Saturday.
A talented field of 2-year-olds, headed by D's Bertando and Buddy Gil, is shaping up for Saturday's $75,000-added Gold Rush Stakes at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf