Victor Trujillo, saddling just his second horse as a head trainer, earned his first career training victory Dec. 30 at Golden Gate Fields when his 3-year-old gelding Floating Feather won the fourth race.
Chuck Jenda, who conditioned Northern California's first Eclipse Award winner, Brown Bess, has retired from training after a successful 36-year career.
Suzanne Pashayan's Brown Bess, the 1989 champion grass mare, was euthanized July 15 because of complications from colic.
Seawolf Stables, a unique fundraising endeavor for Sonoma State University athletics, got off to a noteworthy debut when its 2-year-old gelding Irish Dodger finished a surprising second at odds of 29-1 Aug. 7 in his first start at Santa Rosa.
Veteran trainer Chuck Jenda attempts to win the stakes named in honor of his former champion when he sends out A B Noodle in the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Golden Gate Fields turf course Saturday.
A talented field of 2-year-olds, headed by D's Bertando and Buddy Gil, is shaping up for Saturday's $75,000-added Gold Rush Stakes at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24