Chuck C. Lopez, a fixture at Monmouth Park since he started riding 32 years ago, scored the 4,000th winner of his career in the first race Saturday, July 2 when he piloted Duffy's Tavern to a gate-to-wire victory.
Centaur Farms' homebred Gottcha Gold took command at the start and never looked back as he gamely hung on for a neck victory over 1-10 favorite Lawyer Ron in the $150,000 Salvator Mile (gr. III) at Monmouth Park on Saturday.
Jockey Chuck C. Lopez, who was unseated when his mount fell in the fourth race at Monmouth Park Sunday, suffered a fractured finger on his left hand and will be sidelined about three weeks.
Veteran jockey Chuck C. Lopez, recuperating in Florida from rotator cuff surgery on his right shoulder Oct. 12, said he expects to be out of action for three months.
Jockey Chuck C. Lopez is resting at his home in Morganville, N.J. after dislocating his right shoulder in the first race at Monmouth Park Saturday when he was unseated by his mount Quoit Alarming going down the backstretch.
K and K Racing Stable's La Reason rolled to the lead in upper stretch and drew off to an impressive three-length win in the $300,000 Molly Pitcher Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta