Chuck C. Lopez, a fixture at Monmouth Park since he started riding 32 years ago, scored the 4,000th winner of his career in the first race Saturday, July 2 when he piloted Duffy's Tavern to a gate-to-wire victory.
Centaur Farms' homebred Gottcha Gold took command at the start and never looked back as he gamely hung on for a neck victory over 1-10 favorite Lawyer Ron in the $150,000 Salvator Mile (gr. III) at Monmouth Park on Saturday.
Jockey Chuck C. Lopez, who was unseated when his mount fell in the fourth race at Monmouth Park Sunday, suffered a fractured finger on his left hand and will be sidelined about three weeks.
Veteran jockey Chuck C. Lopez, recuperating in Florida from rotator cuff surgery on his right shoulder Oct. 12, said he expects to be out of action for three months.
Jockey Chuck C. Lopez is resting at his home in Morganville, N.J. after dislocating his right shoulder in the first race at Monmouth Park Saturday when he was unseated by his mount Quoit Alarming going down the backstretch.
K and K Racing Stable's La Reason rolled to the lead in upper stretch and drew off to an impressive three-length win in the $300,000 Molly Pitcher Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Colic: To Refer or Not to Refer
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint