New Mexico-based jockey Alfredo Juarez Jr. secured the 2,000th victory of his career Sunday, Sept. 22 at Zia Park when he guided Chuchuluco to a front-running victory in the eighth race.
Cross Chris Run faces Brother Louie again Oct. 28 after the two finished a neck apart in last year's $180,000 Rocky Gulch New Mexico Classic Cup Championship at Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M.
The New Mexico Horse Breeders' Association honored its 2011 Thoroughbred champions during its Zia Awards Banquet at the Marriott Uptown Hotel in Albuquerque Jan. 26.
California shipper Tango Tango is the morning line favorite among nine 3-year-olds for Sunland Park's $100,000 Borderland Derby Feb. 27, a race that takes on added significance as a prep for the $800,000 Sunland Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt