New Mexico-based jockey Alfredo Juarez Jr. secured the 2,000th victory of his career Sunday, Sept. 22 at Zia Park when he guided Chuchuluco to a front-running victory in the eighth race.
Cross Chris Run faces Brother Louie again Oct. 28 after the two finished a neck apart in last year's $180,000 Rocky Gulch New Mexico Classic Cup Championship at Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M.
The New Mexico Horse Breeders' Association honored its 2011 Thoroughbred champions during its Zia Awards Banquet at the Marriott Uptown Hotel in Albuquerque Jan. 26.
California shipper Tango Tango is the morning line favorite among nine 3-year-olds for Sunland Park's $100,000 Borderland Derby Feb. 27, a race that takes on added significance as a prep for the $800,000 Sunland Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag