New Mexico-based jockey Alfredo Juarez Jr. secured the 2,000th victory of his career Sunday, Sept. 22 at Zia Park when he guided Chuchuluco to a front-running victory in the eighth race.
Cross Chris Run faces Brother Louie again Oct. 28 after the two finished a neck apart in last year's $180,000 Rocky Gulch New Mexico Classic Cup Championship at Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M.
The New Mexico Horse Breeders' Association honored its 2011 Thoroughbred champions during its Zia Awards Banquet at the Marriott Uptown Hotel in Albuquerque Jan. 26.
California shipper Tango Tango is the morning line favorite among nine 3-year-olds for Sunland Park's $100,000 Borderland Derby Feb. 27, a race that takes on added significance as a prep for the $800,000 Sunland Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis
- Measuring Horses' Skin Temperature Changes Underwater
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown