Christopher McErlean, vice president of racing for Penn National Gaming, was elected the 35th president of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations at its annual board of directors' meeting Feb. 22.
Churchill Downs Inc. has asked a federal bankruptcy court to ensure funds its member tracks contribute to the Jockeys' Guild be used for their intended purposes and not for other needs the financially-troubled organization may choose.
Corey S. Johnsen, president of Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie and Remington Park, was elected the 32nd president of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations (TRA) at its annual board of directors' meeting Thursday at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort and Spa in Indian Wells, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds