Off a scintillating Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) win on the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) undercard, Honor Code was installed as the 3-1 favorite for the Whitney Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 8 at Saratoga Race Course.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Tonalist turned in his first breeze Aug. 9 since finishing second in the July 26 Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II), covering five furlongs in 1:03.36 over the Oklahoma training track.
Making his first 2011 foray to the Meydan all-weather track on March 19, three-time champion Gio Ponti bounced with contained energy as he jogged once around the about 1 1/8-mile oval.
If Winchester were to capture the Nov. 6 Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Turf, the Virginia homebred would provide his owners, Bertram and Diana Firestone, with yet another prestigious victory for the history books.
As of now, here are some of the top horses thought to be aiming toward a star-studded Mile. Read Blog
Grade I winner Rutherienne returned to her winning ways with a three-length triumph in the $276,326 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf May 30, going over the $1 million mark in career earnings in the process.
Voodoo Dancer, with assistant trainer Christophe Lorieul in the saddle, took a 6-furlong tour of the main track Thursday morning preparing for Sunday's 49th edition of the $150,000 Palomar Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Welfare and Safety Summit Set for June 28
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector