A colt from the final crop of deceased sire Monsun topped the BBAG yearling sale Sept. 2 in Baden-Baden, Germany.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, International, Breeders' Cup, Kentucky
Paced by Novellist, Christoph Berglar has won the third annual John Deere Award as outstanding breeder of the 2013 Breeders' Cup Challenge Series and Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Novellist, who this summer broke the track record at Ascot by two seconds in the group I King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes, has been retired and sold to stand in Japan at Teruya Yoshida's Shadai Stallion Station.
Novellist earned an automatic berth in the Breeders' Cup Turf for the second time this season with a record-setting win at Ascot in the Betfair King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Eng-I) July 27.
Novellist won the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) June 23, spoiling the season debut of middle-distance elite Cirrus des Aigles and earning a starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT).
German-based Novellist cruised to a comfortable win over former Australian-based group winner Retrieve in the Gran Premio del Jockey Club Italiano (Ity-I) at San Siro Racecourse in Milan Oct. 21.
Darrell and Lendy Brown have agreed to sell their Stonereath Farm near Paris, Ky., to German breeder Christoph Berglar.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- TOBA December Member of the Month
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- HRRN en Espanol to Cover Clásico del Caribe