Many Routes became the first winner for his sire Many Rivers when he came from off the pace to win the first race Dec. 14 at Golden Gate Fields.
Shockwaves are still reverberating through the breeding community at the loss of Harlan's Holiday.
The standout among this year's juvenile males will likely shine at the Breeders' Cup. His pedigree, however, raises questions about his stamina when it comes to next year's classics.
For the second consecutive year, the Ohio Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association has named Harlan's Holiday Horse of the Year. The Horse of the Year and divisional honors were presented at an awards dinner March 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Looking for Longshots at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Dual Oaks winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II