Arlington Park has extended its deadline to March 24 in a nationwide talent search for a female to replace Christine Gabriel and serve as co-host with Arlington announcer John Dooley and other horse racing experts for the track's on-site and simulcast television program.
Louisiana-born rider Mark Guidry, a veteran leader of the jockeys' room at Arlington Park, gave the track's campaign for the victims of Hurricane Katrina a kick start when he arrived for his riding assignments Thursday.
Arlington Park TV analyst Christine Gabriel, a three-time cancer survivor, will he honored as a recipient of the Cancer Treatment Research Foundation (CTRF) "Superhero Award" Saturday night.
Louisiana Downs honors meet champs...Hoosier Park prepares for Ladies' Night...Sam Houston hosts owners' seminar...Zito bobblehead to hit Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million