Arlington Park has extended its deadline to March 24 in a nationwide talent search for a female to replace Christine Gabriel and serve as co-host with Arlington announcer John Dooley and other horse racing experts for the track's on-site and simulcast television program.
Louisiana-born rider Mark Guidry, a veteran leader of the jockeys' room at Arlington Park, gave the track's campaign for the victims of Hurricane Katrina a kick start when he arrived for his riding assignments Thursday.
Arlington Park TV analyst Christine Gabriel, a three-time cancer survivor, will he honored as a recipient of the Cancer Treatment Research Foundation (CTRF) "Superhero Award" Saturday night.
Louisiana Downs honors meet champs...Hoosier Park prepares for Ladies' Night...Sam Houston hosts owners' seminar...Zito bobblehead to hit Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf