Arlington Park has extended its deadline to March 24 in a nationwide talent search for a female to replace Christine Gabriel and serve as co-host with Arlington announcer John Dooley and other horse racing experts for the track's on-site and simulcast television program.
Louisiana-born rider Mark Guidry, a veteran leader of the jockeys' room at Arlington Park, gave the track's campaign for the victims of Hurricane Katrina a kick start when he arrived for his riding assignments Thursday.
Arlington Park TV analyst Christine Gabriel, a three-time cancer survivor, will he honored as a recipient of the Cancer Treatment Research Foundation (CTRF) "Superhero Award" Saturday night.
Louisiana Downs honors meet champs...Hoosier Park prepares for Ladies' Night...Sam Houston hosts owners' seminar...Zito bobblehead to hit Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Seagram Cup Next on Sky Captain's Itinerary
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks