Arlington Park has extended its deadline to March 24 in a nationwide talent search for a female to replace Christine Gabriel and serve as co-host with Arlington announcer John Dooley and other horse racing experts for the track's on-site and simulcast television program.
Louisiana-born rider Mark Guidry, a veteran leader of the jockeys' room at Arlington Park, gave the track's campaign for the victims of Hurricane Katrina a kick start when he arrived for his riding assignments Thursday.
Arlington Park TV analyst Christine Gabriel, a three-time cancer survivor, will he honored as a recipient of the Cancer Treatment Research Foundation (CTRF) "Superhero Award" Saturday night.
Louisiana Downs honors meet champs...Hoosier Park prepares for Ladies' Night...Sam Houston hosts owners' seminar...Zito bobblehead to hit Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Ready to Act, Daring Kathy Vie at Woodbine
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm