Arlington Park has extended its deadline to March 24 in a nationwide talent search for a female to replace Christine Gabriel and serve as co-host with Arlington announcer John Dooley and other horse racing experts for the track's on-site and simulcast television program.
Louisiana-born rider Mark Guidry, a veteran leader of the jockeys' room at Arlington Park, gave the track's campaign for the victims of Hurricane Katrina a kick start when he arrived for his riding assignments Thursday.
Arlington Park TV analyst Christine Gabriel, a three-time cancer survivor, will he honored as a recipient of the Cancer Treatment Research Foundation (CTRF) "Superhero Award" Saturday night.
Louisiana Downs honors meet champs...Hoosier Park prepares for Ladies' Night...Sam Houston hosts owners' seminar...Zito bobblehead to hit Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Bell to Head Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering
- Aussie Sale Buyers Can Request Steroid Test
- Court Decision Threatens Illinois Racing
- Newsmakers of 2014
- RCI Request Would Change RMTC's Current Role
- Cancer Takes Hillary Farish Stratton
- Moment of the Year Voting Begins
- Florida Horseman Gary Caple Dies