The morning after her seven-length victory in the Alabama Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 20, undefeated Songbird was relaxed and happy, said Christina Jelm, who has overseen trainer Jerry Hollendorfer's horses at Saratoga this summer.
Champion went an easy four furlongs in :47.49, galloping out in 1:01.19.
Fox Hill Farm's Songbird had no issues the morning after her strong victory in the Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course, where she will remain to prepare for the Aug. 20 Alabama Stakes (gr. I).
Fox Hill Farm's undefeated champion Songbird arrived at Saratoga Race Course just before 8 p.m. EDT July 20 in advance of her upcoming engagement in the $500,000 Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I) July 24.
Topped by a sale record $800,000 City Zip colt purchased by Frank Fletcher Racing, the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s June 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age sale ended on a strong note June 17.
Quick Wit, who won the off-the-turf running of the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame (gr. II) at Saratoga Aug. 10, remains an outside possibility for the Travers Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- A Few Early Thoughts on the Kentucky Derby Pace