Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens' damaged right knee is worse than originally thought and will require complete replacement, complicating his plans for a later comeback.
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens is taking another break from the saddle to undergo knee replacement surgery, but the 51-year-old rider plans to return to competition again.
Finalists for the 2013 Eclipse Awards will be announced live on HRTV at 11:30 a.m. (EST), Wednesday, Jan. 8.
Horse Racing Radio Network, the Eclipse Award-winning broadcast organization based in Lexington, will provide 20 hours of on-site Breeders' Cup coverage live from Santa Anita Park beginning Tuesday, Oct. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training