An important group of horse racing books from the library of Sir Roderick William Cameron, founding member of the American Jockey Club at Jerome Park in 1866 and owner of Clifton Berley Stud in New York, will be auctioned at Christie's in New York June 12.
- By Esther Marr
Christie's fine art auctioneers will offer about 20 pieces of sporting art from Santa Anita Park's Los Angeles Turf Club at various auctions this spring in New York. Highlights from the sales are on view at Christie's Los Angeles office March 5-6.
- By Esther Marr
To clear her mind and focus on fond memories, Patrice Wolfson, who bred and raced 1978 Triple Crown winner Affirmed with her recently deceased husband, Louis, attended a Jan. 17 auction at Christie's in New York that sold more than 200 racing trophies won by her late mother and father.
- By Claire Novak
During a press conference held at Churchill Downs Tuesday morning, Jockeys' Guild manager Dwight Manley called for support of the Disabled Jockeys' Fund as Edgar Prado formally donated the saddle worn by Barbaro, winner of the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), to the fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Canterbury Park Tweaks September Race Schedule