An important group of horse racing books from the library of Sir Roderick William Cameron, founding member of the American Jockey Club at Jerome Park in 1866 and owner of Clifton Berley Stud in New York, will be auctioned at Christie's in New York June 12.
Christie's fine art auctioneers will offer about 20 pieces of sporting art from Santa Anita Park's Los Angeles Turf Club at various auctions this spring in New York. Highlights from the sales are on view at Christie's Los Angeles office March 5-6.
To clear her mind and focus on fond memories, Patrice Wolfson, who bred and raced 1978 Triple Crown winner Affirmed with her recently deceased husband, Louis, attended a Jan. 17 auction at Christie's in New York that sold more than 200 racing trophies won by her late mother and father.
During a press conference held at Churchill Downs Tuesday morning, Jockeys' Guild manager Dwight Manley called for support of the Disabled Jockeys' Fund as Edgar Prado formally donated the saddle worn by Barbaro, winner of the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), to the fund.
Most Popular Stories
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Jockey David Mello Registers 1,000th Win
- F-T July: 'Chrome' Asst. Trainer Alan Sherman
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 154 Cowboy Cal--Refugee
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat