A study commissioned by the TVG network has concluded that "exchange wagering provides an important option to grow the audience and participation in the sport in the U.S."
Gambling sources provide more than $25.4 billion to state and local governments, according to most recent figures, but taxes on pari-mutuel wagering provided just a little more than 1% of that total.
The boom from simulcasting is over and North American purses are now growing progressively slower every year like a freight train struggling up a mountain pass. The problem this time around is that the next mountain peak may still be a ways off, and the downhill side does not appear to be very steep.
Most Popular Stories
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Median Rises at Goffs Breeding Stock Opener
- JJ and Anna and Their Long Journey Together
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates