A study commissioned by the TVG network has concluded that "exchange wagering provides an important option to grow the audience and participation in the sport in the U.S."
Gambling sources provide more than $25.4 billion to state and local governments, according to most recent figures, but taxes on pari-mutuel wagering provided just a little more than 1% of that total.
The boom from simulcasting is over and North American purses are now growing progressively slower every year like a freight train struggling up a mountain pass. The problem this time around is that the next mountain peak may still be a ways off, and the downhill side does not appear to be very steep.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Stryker Phd Star of Washington Cup Day
- Made You Look Headlines With Anticipation
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Too Much Bling Yearlings Top Texas Sale