The Jane duPont Lunger Residual Charitable Trust recently made a $250,000 contribution to Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, which specifically funds equine veterinary research.
Oh Say, a Maryland stallion and before that one of the many stars in the racing stable of the late Jane du Pont Lunger's Christiana Stable, was euthanized in late July because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
A 6-year-old broodmare who is pregnant to 1997 Horse of the Year Favorite Trick brought the top price of $170,000 during Wednesday's third session of Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale. Charles H. Deters bought Foaming Brine, a bay mare by Forty Niner out of Grade I stakes winner Broom Dance, from Walnut Green, agent for the Christiana Stable dispersal.
Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale begins on Monday (Jan. 7) with 1,392 lots cataloged for the four-day auction. Sessions start at 10 a.m. (ET) daily.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill