The Jane duPont Lunger Residual Charitable Trust recently made a $250,000 contribution to Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, which specifically funds equine veterinary research.
Oh Say, a Maryland stallion and before that one of the many stars in the racing stable of the late Jane du Pont Lunger's Christiana Stable, was euthanized in late July because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
A 6-year-old broodmare who is pregnant to 1997 Horse of the Year Favorite Trick brought the top price of $170,000 during Wednesday's third session of Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale. Charles H. Deters bought Foaming Brine, a bay mare by Forty Niner out of Grade I stakes winner Broom Dance, from Walnut Green, agent for the Christiana Stable dispersal.
Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale begins on Monday (Jan. 7) with 1,392 lots cataloged for the four-day auction. Sessions start at 10 a.m. (ET) daily.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- BH 100: Summer Saturdays