Leading Laurel Park jockey Trevor McCarthy sustained a broken right wrist when he was unseated after his mount swerved to miss a fallen horse as both were galloping out after the second race Dec. 20.
Jockey Alex Cintron was injured Nov. 14 in a spill involving three horses and riders during the running of the sixth race at Laurel Park.
Twice the Appeal, disqualified in his prior start, made the most of a second chance when he collared Astrology near mid-stretch en route to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) in New Mexico.
Jockey Christian Santiago Reyes, the top apprentice rider in North America last year, has been suspended 30 days for violating California racing rules pertaining to weighing out.
Acclamation rode a lone front-running trip to his first grade I victory when he captured the $250,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf June 5.
Acclamation earned his first graded stakes win and snapped an 11-race losing streak when he dominated his rivals in the $150,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) in a 14-1 upset on the Hollywood Park turf May 15.
Top 10 rider at Del Mar, Fairplex, Oak Tree, and Hollywood meets
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Trainer Pish Secures 2,000th Victory
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- HKJC Strikes Coverage Deal in Australia
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track