Twice the Appeal, disqualified in his prior start, made the most of a second chance when he collared Astrology near mid-stretch en route to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) in New Mexico.
Jockey Christian Santiago Reyes, the top apprentice rider in North America last year, has been suspended 30 days for violating California racing rules pertaining to weighing out.
Acclamation rode a lone front-running trip to his first grade I victory when he captured the $250,000 Charles Whittingham Memorial Handicap (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf June 5.
Acclamation earned his first graded stakes win and snapped an 11-race losing streak when he dominated his rivals in the $150,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) in a 14-1 upset on the Hollywood Park turf May 15.
Top 10 rider at Del Mar, Fairplex, Oak Tree, and Hollywood meets
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding