For Delta Downs director of racing Chris Warren, there's no beating some free, on-track publicity when it comes to promoting the $1,000,000 Delta Downs Jackpot Stakes (gr. III).
Equine Sales Co. and Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino and Hotel announced that two new 3-year-old stakes for sales graduates will be run at the Opelousas, La., racetrack.
Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel announced that Matt Crawford has been hired as the track's racing secretary for both the Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred meets, effective immediately.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack, Casino & Hotel announced March 17 that Corey Veazey has been promoted to racing secretary and Michael Chamberlain has been hired as track announcer.
The $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint, a newly-created event for 3-year-olds and up at a distance of five furlongs to be run June 21, is the centerpiece of the 2014 Evangeline Downs stakes schedule released Feb. 26.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack, Casino & Hotel and Boyd Gaming Feb. 19 announced the creation of one of the richest turf sprint stakes in the U.S.: the $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint to be run June 21.
Having recently completed its first season under the leadership of new owner Boyd Gaming, Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino will conduct its annual 2-year-old-in-training sale March 9.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel in conjunction with the Breeders' Sale Company of Louisiana will host a 2-year-olds in training sale March 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Oaklawn Strengthening 2017 Handicap Division