The $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint, a newly-created event for 3-year-olds and up at a distance of five furlongs to be run June 21, is the centerpiece of the 2014 Evangeline Downs stakes schedule released Feb. 26.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack, Casino & Hotel and Boyd Gaming Feb. 19 announced the creation of one of the richest turf sprint stakes in the U.S.: the $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint to be run June 21.
Having recently completed its first season under the leadership of new owner Boyd Gaming, Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino will conduct its annual 2-year-old-in-training sale March 9.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel in conjunction with the Breeders' Sale Company of Louisiana will host a 2-year-olds in training sale March 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Saratoga Weekend Coverage from HRRN
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015