Sean Tarry-trained French Navy stamped himself as a leading contender for South Africa's biggest horse race, the Vodacom Durban July (SAf-I), with an upset win in the Daily News 2000 (SAf-I) May 30 at Greyville.
South African champion Heavy Metal and Irish classic-placed Gale Force Ten headline a full field for the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II) Jan. 23 at Meydan.
In a day littered with upset results, 16-1 outsider Heavy Metal proved a surprise winner of South Africa's best-known horse race on July 6 -- the Vodacom Durban July (Saf-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Gunnevera Draws Outside for Florida Derby
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Kentucky Horse Park to Celebrate Man 'o War
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch