Sean Tarry-trained French Navy stamped himself as a leading contender for South Africa's biggest horse race, the Vodacom Durban July (SAf-I), with an upset win in the Daily News 2000 (SAf-I) May 30 at Greyville.
South African champion Heavy Metal and Irish classic-placed Gale Force Ten headline a full field for the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II) Jan. 23 at Meydan.
In a day littered with upset results, 16-1 outsider Heavy Metal proved a surprise winner of South Africa's best-known horse race on July 6 -- the Vodacom Durban July (Saf-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park