Sean Tarry-trained French Navy stamped himself as a leading contender for South Africa's biggest horse race, the Vodacom Durban July (SAf-I), with an upset win in the Daily News 2000 (SAf-I) May 30 at Greyville.
South African champion Heavy Metal and Irish classic-placed Gale Force Ten headline a full field for the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II) Jan. 23 at Meydan.
In a day littered with upset results, 16-1 outsider Heavy Metal proved a surprise winner of South Africa's best-known horse race on July 6 -- the Vodacom Durban July (Saf-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move