Sean Tarry-trained French Navy stamped himself as a leading contender for South Africa's biggest horse race, the Vodacom Durban July (SAf-I), with an upset win in the Daily News 2000 (SAf-I) May 30 at Greyville.
South African champion Heavy Metal and Irish classic-placed Gale Force Ten headline a full field for the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II) Jan. 23 at Meydan.
In a day littered with upset results, 16-1 outsider Heavy Metal proved a surprise winner of South Africa's best-known horse race on July 6 -- the Vodacom Durban July (Saf-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- Flatter Colt Tops OBS Select Yearling Session
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante
- Southern CA Tracks, TOC Have Dates Agreement
- Gran Villano is 75th Scat Daddy Stakes Winner
- Six Stakes Fill NY Showcase Day
- 'Chrome,' Beholder Weighing Options after PC
- BH 100: Covered Up