Sean Tarry-trained French Navy stamped himself as a leading contender for South Africa's biggest horse race, the Vodacom Durban July (SAf-I), with an upset win in the Daily News 2000 (SAf-I) May 30 at Greyville.
South African champion Heavy Metal and Irish classic-placed Gale Force Ten headline a full field for the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II) Jan. 23 at Meydan.
In a day littered with upset results, 16-1 outsider Heavy Metal proved a surprise winner of South Africa's best-known horse race on July 6 -- the Vodacom Durban July (Saf-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Houston Racetrack Owner Dies in Accident
- Claiborne Adds Lea, Announces 2016 Fees
- Bayern's 2016 Fee Announced at $15,000
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- McGaughey Pleased With Honor Code's Breeze
- Keeneland Racing Surface Procedures Reviewed
- Artemis Agrotera May Return in Breeders' Cup
- Killin Me Smalls Takes BC Premier's Handicap
- Touching Promise Dances to Ballerina Victory
- Peru-Based Salama to Longines Distaff