Wertheimer Et Frere has confirmed that Intello, its leading French-trained colt, will take up stallion duties at Cheveley Park Stud for the 2014 and 2015 breeding seasons, and then at the Haras du Quesnay for two years.
Pivotal, who proved special as a racehorse for David and Patricia Thompson, has done the same as a stallion at the couple's Cheveley Park Stud near Newmarket, England.
Newsells Park Stud announced Tuesday that Julian Dollar will succeed Robert Acton as general manager of the operation following Acton's retirement in June.
Funfair made his way into Saturday's $2,025,000 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) the old-fashioned way. He earned it.
Prices at the top level were not so high on the second day of Europe's premier yearling sale, Tattersalls October yearling (part 1), Wednesday at Newmarket, England.
- By Mark Popham
Europe's premier yearling sale -- the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale (Part 1), enjoyed an excellent start in Newmarket, England, on Tuesday, with the very first lot making the top price of the first of four days selling.
As on day one, Pivotal provided the top lot at Thursday's second session of the Tattersalls December Foal Sales in Newmarket, England when when a filly sired by the Cheveley Park Stud stallion was sold for 75,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning