Donald Sucher, who twice bred once-in-a-lifetime fillies in Racing Hall of Fame members Winning Colors and Chris Evert, died Feb. 15 in Georgetown, Ky. He was 89.
Review the history of winners for the official and unofficial filly Triple Crown. view slideshow
Official & Unofficial Filly Triple Crown Winners: Dark Mirage, Shuvee, Chris Evert, Ruffian, Davona Dale, Mom's Command, Open Mind, Sky Beauty, Wistful, Real Delight, Princess Turia,
Joseph A. Trovato, who trained Chris Evert to a sweep of New York's 1974 Filly Triple Crown and the Eclipse Award as that year's champion 3-year-old filly, died on Feb. 28
Six Crowns, the stakes winning dam of champion Chief's Crown and multiple grade I winner Classic Crown, was euthanized due to the infirmities of old age on Thursday, February 14 at the age of 26. The daughter of Secretariat will be buried at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm next to her dam, Filly Triple Crown winner Chris Evert.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh