Donald Sucher, who twice bred once-in-a-lifetime fillies in Racing Hall of Fame members Winning Colors and Chris Evert, died Feb. 15 in Georgetown, Ky. He was 89.
Review the history of winners for the official and unofficial filly Triple Crown. view slideshow
Official & Unofficial Filly Triple Crown Winners: Dark Mirage, Shuvee, Chris Evert, Ruffian, Davona Dale, Mom's Command, Open Mind, Sky Beauty, Wistful, Real Delight, Princess Turia,
Joseph A. Trovato, who trained Chris Evert to a sweep of New York's 1974 Filly Triple Crown and the Eclipse Award as that year's champion 3-year-old filly, died on Feb. 28
Six Crowns, the stakes winning dam of champion Chief's Crown and multiple grade I winner Classic Crown, was euthanized due to the infirmities of old age on Thursday, February 14 at the age of 26. The daughter of Secretariat will be buried at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm next to her dam, Filly Triple Crown winner Chris Evert.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile