Donald Sucher, who twice bred once-in-a-lifetime fillies in Racing Hall of Fame members Winning Colors and Chris Evert, died Feb. 15 in Georgetown, Ky. He was 89.
Review the history of winners for the official and unofficial filly Triple Crown. view slideshow
Official & Unofficial Filly Triple Crown Winners: Dark Mirage, Shuvee, Chris Evert, Ruffian, Davona Dale, Mom's Command, Open Mind, Sky Beauty, Wistful, Real Delight, Princess Turia,
Joseph A. Trovato, who trained Chris Evert to a sweep of New York's 1974 Filly Triple Crown and the Eclipse Award as that year's champion 3-year-old filly, died on Feb. 28
Six Crowns, the stakes winning dam of champion Chief's Crown and multiple grade I winner Classic Crown, was euthanized due to the infirmities of old age on Thursday, February 14 at the age of 26. The daughter of Secretariat will be buried at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm next to her dam, Filly Triple Crown winner Chris Evert.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes