Donald Sucher, who twice bred once-in-a-lifetime fillies in Racing Hall of Fame members Winning Colors and Chris Evert, died Feb. 15 in Georgetown, Ky. He was 89.
Review the history of winners for the official and unofficial filly Triple Crown. view slideshow
Official & Unofficial Filly Triple Crown Winners: Dark Mirage, Shuvee, Chris Evert, Ruffian, Davona Dale, Mom's Command, Open Mind, Sky Beauty, Wistful, Real Delight, Princess Turia,
Joseph A. Trovato, who trained Chris Evert to a sweep of New York's 1974 Filly Triple Crown and the Eclipse Award as that year's champion 3-year-old filly, died on Feb. 28
Six Crowns, the stakes winning dam of champion Chief's Crown and multiple grade I winner Classic Crown, was euthanized due to the infirmities of old age on Thursday, February 14 at the age of 26. The daughter of Secretariat will be buried at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm next to her dam, Filly Triple Crown winner Chris Evert.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses