Gov. Chris Christie Feb. 26 signed legislation legalizing Internet gambling through the Atlantic City casinos. The state legislature passed the bill just a few hours earlier.
- By Frank Angst
Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval signed legislation Feb. 21 that makes Nevada the first state to allow intrastate Internet poker. The legislation allows the state to form compacts with other states that allow internet poker.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie Dec. 20 officially announced separate deals for the continuation of live racing at Monmouth Park and Meadowlands in 2012.
A deal brokered earlier this year that would have privatized the horse racing industry in New Jersey has hit a stumbling block just as all parties were set to sign off on it.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has vetoed a move by the state Racing Commission to provide $15 million in state subsidies for Thoroughbred and harness racing purses.
Published reports and unofficial word from track management say that a five-year lease deal for a 71-day live meet with an average daily purse level of $400,000 has been struck.
Monmouth Park, which is conducting an experimental race meet with average daily purses of about $1 million, would be sold under a recommendation from an advisory committee appointed by New Jersey's governor.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More