A Tapit colt that is a half brother to champion and Lane's End stallion Honor Code sold to Chris Baccari for $1.05 million during the Nov. 9 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale, the highest-priced weanling so far during the auction.
As potential buyers went about their business Oct. 23 inspecting yearlings entered in the Fasig-Titpon October sale, the crew at Brookdale Sales could hardly keep up with the volume of requests to see the consignment’s offerings.
A Bernardini half brother to grade I winner R Heat Lightning brings $925,000 on the third day of Book One at the 2014 Keeneland September yearling sale.
The third day of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale saw a Medaglia d'Oro yearling colt make headlines while steady interest in both yearlings and broodmares helped the median nearly double compared with last year.
Chris Baccari enjoyed seeing Cosmo Girl take a step toward her new career as a broodmare after she sold for $190,000 on Jan. 9 at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington.
Ice Box, 2010 Florida Derby (gr. I) winner and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) runner-up, was represented by his first foal on Jan. 5.
A Tapit colt brought the most expensive price of $280,000 from Canadian-based trainer Mark Casse, agent.
The sale kicks off what probably will be another tough year for commercial breeders.
Third session gross plummets 42.4% while median price plunges 45%.
Great Hunter is a hot property on this year's Triple Crown trail, but who has right to claim the grade I winner as legal property looms as a big question.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride