The possibility that trainers may be covertly sneaking horses off backstretches for shock wave therapy has raised the concern of the California Horse Racing Board.
Encouraged by Santa Anita's recent success uncovering excessive levels of sodium bicarbonate, the California Horse Racing Board's medication committee Wednesday tackled a wide range of other complicated issues with an eye to future technology and tougher penalities.
Most Popular Stories
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses