The possibility that trainers may be covertly sneaking horses off backstretches for shock wave therapy has raised the concern of the California Horse Racing Board.
Encouraged by Santa Anita's recent success uncovering excessive levels of sodium bicarbonate, the California Horse Racing Board's medication committee Wednesday tackled a wide range of other complicated issues with an eye to future technology and tougher penalities.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Asmussen Aims to Make Untapable Feel at Home
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage
- Top Decile Under Radar for Juvenile Fillies
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Distaff