The possibility that trainers may be covertly sneaking horses off backstretches for shock wave therapy has raised the concern of the California Horse Racing Board.
Encouraged by Santa Anita's recent success uncovering excessive levels of sodium bicarbonate, the California Horse Racing Board's medication committee Wednesday tackled a wide range of other complicated issues with an eye to future technology and tougher penalities.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark