Unbridled Sidney, Churchill Downs turf course record holder at five furlongs, makes her first start in six months Friday when she faces males in the $150,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at her favorite distance.
Steve Mongerson's Smalltown Slew, a close second in the opening day Thanksgiving Handicap, is the tepid 7-2 morning line choice over a full field for the inaugural running of the $75,000 Bonapaw Stakes Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Mighty Beau, runner-up to Lydgate in the 2004 renewal of $100,000-added Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT), leads the line-up in the five-furlong turf sprint for older horses Friday at Churchill Downs.
Soaring Free returns to Keeneland Saturday to defend his title in the $100,000-added Shakertown (gr. IIIT), facing 10 rivals in the 5 1/2-furlong turf event.
Sam-Son Farms' Soaring Free got a surprisingly strong challenge from 34-1 Chosen Chief but responded to strong urging from jockey Shane Sellers to win the $115,100 Shakertown (gr. IIIT) for turf sprinters at Keeneland Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- That Handicapping Show: Hagyard Fayette S.
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic