Thoroughbred racing returns to Kentucky Downs in Franklin, Ky., on Saturday, Sept. 16 for a six day racing season, which concludes on Tuesday, Sept. 26. The highlight of the meet is the $450,000 Kentucky Cup Turf Festival, featuring four stakes races on Saturday, Sept. 23.
Silverfoot, ridden by Robby Albarado, regained the lead at the top of the stretch and then held off a late rush by Rochester for a three-quarter length Memorial Day win in the $110,400 Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds and up at Churchill Downs.
A pair of old pros who own the last four wins in the Connally Breeders' Cup Turf Handicap will hook up to keep the crown Saturday at Sam Houston Race Park.
Sarafan's California connections take the winner's share in the Explosive Bid
A field of 12 was nominated, including two past winners and a California invader, for Saturday's $200,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf at Sam Houston Park.
Breeders' Cup hopefuls Brahms, Bet On Sunshine, Chorwon, and Pompeii turned in morning works at Churchill Downs Saturday in preparation for their respective races. Down the road at Keeneland, Sam-Son Farm's Quiet Resolve breezed six furlongs in preparation for the Turf.
Chorwon goes over the $1-million mark after winning the Kentucky Cup Turf Handicap.
Phoebe Mueller's 8-year-old gelding Chorwon earned his seventh career stakes win and his first in a graded stakes, winning the 1 1/2-mile, $300,000 Kentucky Cup Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Sunday at Kentucky Downs.
Falcon Flight matched the Arlington Park record for 1 1/2 miles in winning the $190,500 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Friday, March 7 at NOON EST
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- First NH Winner for Southwestern Heat
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Godolphin Pair Face Off in Maktoum Challenge
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- Expanded State-Bred Incentives at Arlington
- Indiana Downs Has New Name as Part of Rebrand
- Turfway Adds Starter Handicap Honoring Hansen