Chitoz had his first winner Oct. 11 when Lets Suppoze, posted a victory in his third start in the seventh race at Remington Park.
A gallery of 17 stallions from across the country. View Slideshow
Chitoz, a course-recording-equaling stakes winner, will enter stud in 2010 at Mike Grossman's Eureka Thoroughbred Farm near Fredericksburg, Texas.
Cannonball and Chamberlain Bridge, who were heads apart while finishing second and third, respectively, in the April 11 Shakertown (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland, should be set up perfectly for a run at the $100,000 Aegon Turf Sprint on May 1 at Churchill Downs.
Mid-morning on Turfway Park's backside March 21, Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) contenders were pulling at hay nets or dozing, blanketed against the morning chill. Horses and trainers alike are, as trainer Grant Hofmans said, "on cruise control" until March 22.
Derby prospect Cowboy Cal will start in the Feb. 16 Hallandale Beach at Gulfstream Park instead of taking a traditional route.
A pair of good-looking, homebred colts highlight the $150,000 Iroquois Stakes (gr. III), the first graded event of the Churchill Downs Fall Meet, which opens Oct. 28.
Of the 10 colts entered in the $100,000 Kentucky Cup Juvenile Stakes (gr. III) at Turfway Park Sept. 29, only T.J.'s Posse owns multiple wins on his resume. But the son of Posse-T.J.'s Turn struggled a bit on his first synthetic surface effort earlier this month, so even he cannot be considered a solid favorite in the wide-open 1 1/16-test for 2-year-olds on Polytrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale