Dogwood Stable's Finality took the overland route to a one-length victory over Union Place in the $200,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 mile on Belmont's inner turf course.
The trainer of inductee Cigar could also find himself in the winner's circle at Saratoga Monday. He sends out Patrol in the $150,000 National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at nine furlongs on the turf.
Attendance and handle were off last year's record numbers, but Bobby Frankel and Jerry Bailey were on top of their games.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries