Dogwood Stable's Finality took the overland route to a one-length victory over Union Place in the $200,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 mile on Belmont's inner turf course.
The trainer of inductee Cigar could also find himself in the winner's circle at Saratoga Monday. He sends out Patrol in the $150,000 National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at nine furlongs on the turf.
Attendance and handle were off last year's record numbers, but Bobby Frankel and Jerry Bailey were on top of their games.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory