Dogwood Stable's Finality took the overland route to a one-length victory over Union Place in the $200,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 mile on Belmont's inner turf course.
The trainer of inductee Cigar could also find himself in the winner's circle at Saratoga Monday. He sends out Patrol in the $150,000 National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at nine furlongs on the turf.
Attendance and handle were off last year's record numbers, but Bobby Frankel and Jerry Bailey were on top of their games.
Most Popular Stories
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Front-Running Golden Horn Rolls in Eclipse
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery