The versatile California-bred mare Bear Fan, a winner of three consecutive stakes victories, tops a field of nine fillies and mares entered for the $150,000 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II) at 6 1/2 furlongs on the Belmont Stakes undercard Saturday.
Passing Shot and jockey Jose Santos rode the rail to a 2 1/4-length victory in the $156,900 Bed o'Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III), a one-turn mile for fillies and mares at Aqueduct Saturday.
Joseph Allen's Randaroo had everything going her way in Saturday $147,900 Distaff Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs at Aqueduct. With Richard Migliore aboard, she got an early lead and left Storm Flag Flying in her wake.
The presence of two fillies with near impeccable credentials has kept the entry box light for Saturday's $150,000 Distaff Breeders' Cup (gr. II) at seven furlongs. Storm Flag Flying, the champion 2-year-old filly of 2002, will have her work cut out for her trying to run down Randaroo.
Valentine's Day is still two weeks away, but trainer Allen Iwinski is busting out the bow and arrow early when he saddles Cupid Season in Saturday's $75,0000 Correction Handicap at Aqueduct, the feature of the day's 10-race card.
Terry Thompson, the leading rider of the current Oaklawn Park meet, was injured Saturday after falling from Fleet Boss during the track's fifth race.
Bedanken stalked the early pace, then edged clear in the stretch to earn her second straight Oaklawn Park stakes win in Saturday's $75,000 Honeybee Stakes.
Cozy Susie, a two-time winner on turf but a maiden of the main track, will go to post as the highweighted filly in Saturday's Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- American Pharoah Back on Track at Churchill
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud
- Zayat Calls Gambling Debt Lawsuit Extortion
- Zayat Sells Stud Rights to American Pharoah
- Ashleyluvssugar Takes Aim at Whittingham
- CHRB Discusses Los Al at Monthly Meeting
- Beholder Working Again After Illness
- Louisville 'Cap Draws Nine, 'Harbor' on Fence
- It's High Time First Winner for Gone Astray