Alma d'Oro, a stakes winner in his last start, will make his first trip to Monmouth Park Aug. 20 for the $250,000 Philip H. Iselin Stakes (gr. III).
Tackleberry, who set the pace but relinquished his lead to longshot Dream Maestro, fought back in deep stretch and nipped his rival by a nose in a thrilling finish of the Fred Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 11 at Calder.
Mambo Meister, who has recorded all nine of his lifetime wins at Calder Casino & Race Course, is the one to beat in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 11 at the South Florida racetrack.
Locally-based Chirac broke on top and never looked back, powering his way to a 12-1 upset against five rivals that included odds-on favorite Coal Play in the $300,000 Philip H. Iselin (gr. III) Aug. 22 in the Monmouth Park slop.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother