Alma d'Oro, a stakes winner in his last start, will make his first trip to Monmouth Park Aug. 20 for the $250,000 Philip H. Iselin Stakes (gr. III).
Tackleberry, who set the pace but relinquished his lead to longshot Dream Maestro, fought back in deep stretch and nipped his rival by a nose in a thrilling finish of the Fred Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 11 at Calder.
Mambo Meister, who has recorded all nine of his lifetime wins at Calder Casino & Race Course, is the one to beat in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 11 at the South Florida racetrack.
Locally-based Chirac broke on top and never looked back, powering his way to a 12-1 upset against five rivals that included odds-on favorite Coal Play in the $300,000 Philip H. Iselin (gr. III) Aug. 22 in the Monmouth Park slop.
Most Popular Stories
- Azar Captures With Anticipation Stakes
- NTWAB to Honor American Pharoah Team
- Live Racing, Simulcasts Resume in Texas
- Suffolk Superintendent Steven Pini Dies at 63
- Breaking & Training: Taking the Next Steps
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile