Stall 40 at Pimlico, usually reserved for the Kentucky Derby winner, is instead occupied by New York-bred Zetterholm, who comes into the Preakness with as little fanfare as any starter in the 11-horse field.
Grade I winner Kip Deville, who finished sixth -- beaten by about two lengths -- as the 7-to-5 favorite in the Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile Stakes (gr. IT) on the turf Monday at Hollywood Park, was supplemented for $5,000 Wednesday to the $250,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) here Saturday. The 1 1/8-mile contest is on Cushion Track.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Legatissimo Strikes for Stylish Nassau Win
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Haskell: Jimmy Barnes on American Pharoah
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers