Stall 40 at Pimlico, usually reserved for the Kentucky Derby winner, is instead occupied by New York-bred Zetterholm, who comes into the Preakness with as little fanfare as any starter in the 11-horse field.
Grade I winner Kip Deville, who finished sixth -- beaten by about two lengths -- as the 7-to-5 favorite in the Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile Stakes (gr. IT) on the turf Monday at Hollywood Park, was supplemented for $5,000 Wednesday to the $250,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) here Saturday. The 1 1/8-mile contest is on Cushion Track.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses