Stall 40 at Pimlico, usually reserved for the Kentucky Derby winner, is instead occupied by New York-bred Zetterholm, who comes into the Preakness with as little fanfare as any starter in the 11-horse field.
Grade I winner Kip Deville, who finished sixth -- beaten by about two lengths -- as the 7-to-5 favorite in the Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile Stakes (gr. IT) on the turf Monday at Hollywood Park, was supplemented for $5,000 Wednesday to the $250,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) here Saturday. The 1 1/8-mile contest is on Cushion Track.
Most Popular Stories
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino