As a companion to the feature in the August 23, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse, Steve Haskin presents the top 10 sprinters of the last 50 years.
Please choose who you think is the top sprinter from the poll list below. The results will be a part of a feature in the August 23, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse.
Bud Klokstad, a member of the Washington Racing Hall of Fame and trainer of 1983 Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Chinook Pass, dies at 79 at his home in Richmond, Calif.
Noosa Beach was honored as the 2011 Washington Horse of the Year and a champion in two other divisions at the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association awards banquet
Chinook Pass, an 11-time stakes winner and the only Washington-bred to win an Eclipse Award, was euthanized May 31 at owner Jill Hallin's farm in Maple Valley, Wash.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup