As a companion to the feature in the August 23, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse, Steve Haskin presents the top 10 sprinters of the last 50 years.
Please choose who you think is the top sprinter from the poll list below. The results will be a part of a feature in the August 23, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse.
Bud Klokstad, a member of the Washington Racing Hall of Fame and trainer of 1983 Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Chinook Pass, dies at 79 at his home in Richmond, Calif.
Noosa Beach was honored as the 2011 Washington Horse of the Year and a champion in two other divisions at the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association awards banquet
Chinook Pass, an 11-time stakes winner and the only Washington-bred to win an Eclipse Award, was euthanized May 31 at owner Jill Hallin's farm in Maple Valley, Wash.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa