As a companion to the feature in the August 23, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse, Steve Haskin presents the top 10 sprinters of the last 50 years.
Please choose who you think is the top sprinter from the poll list below. The results will be a part of a feature in the August 23, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse.
Bud Klokstad, a member of the Washington Racing Hall of Fame and trainer of 1983 Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Chinook Pass, dies at 79 at his home in Richmond, Calif.
Noosa Beach was honored as the 2011 Washington Horse of the Year and a champion in two other divisions at the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association awards banquet
Chinook Pass, an 11-time stakes winner and the only Washington-bred to win an Eclipse Award, was euthanized May 31 at owner Jill Hallin's farm in Maple Valley, Wash.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen