As a companion to the feature in the August 23, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse, Steve Haskin presents the top 10 sprinters of the last 50 years.
Please choose who you think is the top sprinter from the poll list below. The results will be a part of a feature in the August 23, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse.
Bud Klokstad, a member of the Washington Racing Hall of Fame and trainer of 1983 Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Chinook Pass, dies at 79 at his home in Richmond, Calif.
Noosa Beach was honored as the 2011 Washington Horse of the Year and a champion in two other divisions at the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association awards banquet
Chinook Pass, an 11-time stakes winner and the only Washington-bred to win an Eclipse Award, was euthanized May 31 at owner Jill Hallin's farm in Maple Valley, Wash.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan