Hall of Fame trainer Richard Mandella continued his dominance in the Native Diver Handicap when Olmodavor won the grade III race Saturday. The win by the Wertheimer Farm homebred marked a record seventh Native Diver win for Mandella.
A competitive and well-matched field of eight will contest the 25th edition of the $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Richard Mandella hopes to continue his good luck in the Native Diver Handicap when he sends out Olmodavor in the $100,000, grade III test at 1 1/8 miles at Hollywood Park on Saturday.
Excess Summer, getting ready for a start in the Seabiscuit Handicap on the Oct. 25 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships undercard, blistered five furlongs in :56 4/5 over Santa Anita's fast main track Thursday morning.
I'madrifter began 2003 the same way he kicked off 2002 – with gate-to-wire victory in the $83,100 Lafayette Handicap at Golden Gate Fields.
Two Item Limit was upset in Saturday's Illini Princess Stakes at Hawthorne, one of six stakes for Illinois breds, each worth about $100,000, on the day's card.
Most Popular Stories
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Keeneland Dirt Installation July 21, 2014
- Saratoga to Hold 'Low Roller' Tourney Monday
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- EquiLottery Touts Horsemen Group's Support
- Paul Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- Next Year's OBSC March to be Open Format