Fox Ridge Farm's Naughty New Yorker, allowed to set a leisurely pace under Jean-Luc Samyn, drew away from favored Angliana at the eighth pole to win the $147,000 Red Smith Handicap, which was moved from the turf to dirt at Aqueduct Saturday.
Returning to action for the first time in 2005, Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) hero Better Talk Now registered a confident win for jockey Ramon Dominguez by a neck over Remind in the $107,400 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Aqueduct turf Saturday.
R.C. Hill Stable's Christine's Outlaw found the Belmont Park turf to his liking once again and the 4-year-old colt responded with his first graded stakes victory, a front-running surprise over a talented field in the $112,600 Poker Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday.
A switch to the turf could help Christine's Outlaw claim his first stakes victory Saturday in the $100,000-added Poker Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park.
Off the board in three career turf starts for Hall of Fame trainer H. Allen Jerkens, Houbeau Farm's 32-1 Chilly Rooster defeated 50-1 Union Place by a half-length in Saturday's $111,400 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely