Wallop, owned by the Childs and Childs Stable of John and Clayton Childs, caught pacesetter Glorious Again late to post a half-length victory in Tuesday's $75,000 New Year's Eve Stakes at Mountaineer Park.
Fayette Park, the New Zealand home of Prized, scored a triumph with another North American stallion in Stark South. This Dixieland Band son is the sire of Hail, winner of the $500,000 (Australian funds) Sandown Classic (Aust-II) on Nov 16.
Caulfield Guineas Day was D-Day for Sunline. The scheduled grand final for the grand dame of Australian racing was an attempt to win a third W.S. Cox Plate (Aust-I) 14 days later, but a less than stellar performance would see her fabulous career ended early, if that can be a said of a mare still galloping about professionally at seven.
New Zealand-bred Sunline earned her 10th career group I win in the seven-furlong Waikato Draught Sprint (NZ-I) at Te Repa Saturday, while improving her record to nine wins from nine starts in her home country.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- Gimme Da Lute Dominates Real Good Deal
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- Palace Malice Earns Bullet in Saratoga Breeze
- Florida Won Rallies to Capture Seagram Cup
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Heart to Heart Wires Oceanport
- Trainer Chay Knight Dies at 80