Wallop, owned by the Childs and Childs Stable of John and Clayton Childs, caught pacesetter Glorious Again late to post a half-length victory in Tuesday's $75,000 New Year's Eve Stakes at Mountaineer Park.
Fayette Park, the New Zealand home of Prized, scored a triumph with another North American stallion in Stark South. This Dixieland Band son is the sire of Hail, winner of the $500,000 (Australian funds) Sandown Classic (Aust-II) on Nov 16.
Caulfield Guineas Day was D-Day for Sunline. The scheduled grand final for the grand dame of Australian racing was an attempt to win a third W.S. Cox Plate (Aust-I) 14 days later, but a less than stellar performance would see her fabulous career ended early, if that can be a said of a mare still galloping about professionally at seven.
New Zealand-bred Sunline earned her 10th career group I win in the seven-furlong Waikato Draught Sprint (NZ-I) at Te Repa Saturday, while improving her record to nine wins from nine starts in her home country.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos