Wallop, owned by the Childs and Childs Stable of John and Clayton Childs, caught pacesetter Glorious Again late to post a half-length victory in Tuesday's $75,000 New Year's Eve Stakes at Mountaineer Park.
Fayette Park, the New Zealand home of Prized, scored a triumph with another North American stallion in Stark South. This Dixieland Band son is the sire of Hail, winner of the $500,000 (Australian funds) Sandown Classic (Aust-II) on Nov 16.
Caulfield Guineas Day was D-Day for Sunline. The scheduled grand final for the grand dame of Australian racing was an attempt to win a third W.S. Cox Plate (Aust-I) 14 days later, but a less than stellar performance would see her fabulous career ended early, if that can be a said of a mare still galloping about professionally at seven.
New Zealand-bred Sunline earned her 10th career group I win in the seven-furlong Waikato Draught Sprint (NZ-I) at Te Repa Saturday, while improving her record to nine wins from nine starts in her home country.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Raven Run Winner Taris to F-T November
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Romans: Prayer for Relief's Work 'Super'
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Elm Park Cruises to Easy Racing Post Tally
- Adelaide Strikes From Last to Win Cox Plate
- BC 2014: California Chrome Bath Oct 25
- Busy Day of Breeders' Cup Works Oct. 25