The stalking Bwana Bull circled the pacesetters coming off the final turn of Sunday's $150,000 California Derby and was long gone at the end under substitute rider David Lopez at Golden Gate Fields.
The Bay Area's all-time leading trainer, Jerry Hollendorfer, will saddle half the six-horse field for Sunday's $150,000 California Derby at Golden Gate Fields.
Belgravia, a $2 million juvenile purchase earlier this year by Michael Tabor, John Magnier and Zayat Stables, tries graded stakes company in just his second start, Saturday's $100,000 Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan