The stalking Bwana Bull circled the pacesetters coming off the final turn of Sunday's $150,000 California Derby and was long gone at the end under substitute rider David Lopez at Golden Gate Fields.
The Bay Area's all-time leading trainer, Jerry Hollendorfer, will saddle half the six-horse field for Sunday's $150,000 California Derby at Golden Gate Fields.
Belgravia, a $2 million juvenile purchase earlier this year by Michael Tabor, John Magnier and Zayat Stables, tries graded stakes company in just his second start, Saturday's $100,000 Hollywood Prevue (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses