Two white Thoroughbreds will square off in an allowance race at Belterra Park. the former River Downs, in Ohio May 30.
So far, no white Thoroughbred has ever become a stakes winner in American, but a breakthrough for these horses of a different color may be only a matter of time.
Chief White Fox, whose color is officially registered as "white" by The Jockey Club, broke his maiden in his ninth career try in the second race at Mountaineer Racetrack July 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees