Hit It a Bomb, a son of War Front and winner of last year's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT), has been retired and will stand in 2017 at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm near Lexington. He will be part of the 'Share the Upside' program.
Star Kentucky-bred filly Lady Aurelia is to return to the United States for some time off at co-owner Stonestreet Farm near Lexington after a scope following her first defeat in the Sept. 24 Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) shows she bled.
Evelyn Stockwell's homebred Brave Anna upset five other juvenile fillies Sept. 24 in the £102,078 ($132,701) Connolly's Red Mills Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket.
The final day of Newmarket's Cambridgeshire Festival Sept. 29 is anchored by a pair of group I races and a group II event that kick-starts a new points-based system to determine the field for the 2013 Kentucky Derby.
Hooray took the lead from start and was never challenged on her way to recording an impressive 4 1/2-length victory in the Adnams Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 1.
Serious Attitude remained unbeaten with a half-length victory over Aspen Darlin in the 32Red.com Cheveley Park Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Newmarket Oct. 3.
Natagora made all the running in the Skybet.com Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) Oct. 5 at Newmarket, going wire-to-wire to give trainer Pascal Bary his first win in England.
Indian Ink celebrated her first victory at the highest level with a gutsy win in the Sky Bet Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket on Friday.
Favored Queen's Logic romped in the group I Shadwell Stud Cheveley Park Stakes Tuesday at Newmarket, while Sophisticat, a 2-year-old filly by Storm Cat out of Serena's Song, checked in second, seven lengths back. Good Girl was third.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale