The first foal by New York stakes-placed Chestertown Slew is a filly born Jan. 21 at Kathy Paul's Fanlew Farms near Sarepta, La.
Chestertown Slew, a stakes-placed son of Seattle Slew, will enter stud in 2010 at Kathy Paul's Fanlew Farms near Sarepta, La.
Jambalaya shoots for his third consecutive stakes victory in Saturday's $300,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at nine furlongs on the inner turf at Belmont Park.
Woodbine invader Jambalaya made it four wins a row since owner/trainer Catherine Day Phillips switched him to the turf with a heart-pounding win over favored Silver Whistle in the $111,900 Saranac (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the turf at Saratoga Sunday.
Woodbine-based invader Jambalaya, a winner of three turf races in the past three months, is one of the horses to beat in the $100,000 Saranac (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds Sunday on the Saratoga grass course.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race