Northern Territory-based Larrem Lodge paid top price of Aus$28,000 for a colt by Desert King to top Wednesday's final session of the Adelaide Magic Millions Yearling Sale.
Local South Australian trainer Leon Macdonald, an astute judge of horse flesh, paid top price of $160,000 for a filly by Coolmore shuttler Galileo at the Adelaide Magic Millions Yearling Sale.
After considerable thought, negotiation and wranglings, Australia's biggest yearling sale -- the Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions Yearling Sale - will be held over the Easter period in 2008.
A record bid by a relative unknown highlighted day one of the massive Magic Millions yearling sale on the Gold Coast in Australia.
As the final hammer slammed down to signal the end of what has been the biggest yearling sale in Australia's history, vendors, buyers, and other observers were left with one question: Will the global trend of record buying ever end?
The fate of Chester Downs and Marina, a Standardbred racetrack and entertainment center planned for southeast Pennsylvania, could be determined Jan. 9 when the Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission meets to rule on the license application.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- No Positives in June 2015 Economic Indicators
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny