Northern Territory-based Larrem Lodge paid top price of Aus$28,000 for a colt by Desert King to top Wednesday's final session of the Adelaide Magic Millions Yearling Sale.
Local South Australian trainer Leon Macdonald, an astute judge of horse flesh, paid top price of $160,000 for a filly by Coolmore shuttler Galileo at the Adelaide Magic Millions Yearling Sale.
After considerable thought, negotiation and wranglings, Australia's biggest yearling sale -- the Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions Yearling Sale - will be held over the Easter period in 2008.
A record bid by a relative unknown highlighted day one of the massive Magic Millions yearling sale on the Gold Coast in Australia.
As the final hammer slammed down to signal the end of what has been the biggest yearling sale in Australia's history, vendors, buyers, and other observers were left with one question: Will the global trend of record buying ever end?
The fate of Chester Downs and Marina, a Standardbred racetrack and entertainment center planned for southeast Pennsylvania, could be determined Jan. 9 when the Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission meets to rule on the license application.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga