A sharp claim a year ago, Marilyn's Guy notched his first graded stakes victory March 17 at Aqueduct when he held off a game effort by San Pablo to win by a neck in the $150,000 Excelsior (gr. III).
Rigoletta, one of the leading 2-year-old fillies of 2010, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury discovered after she ran sixth in the Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
She was born Jan. 24 at Chesapeake Farm near Lexington.
Declines, but not big ones, are expected at the Keeneland September yearling sale, which begins Monday.
Drew Nardiello's Chesapeake Farm, known for raising 2007 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Street Sense, has relocated to Wimbledon Farm.
Chesapeake Farm near Lexington has hired Brian Lyle as director of customer service and Thoroughbred consultant.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013