A sharp claim a year ago, Marilyn's Guy notched his first graded stakes victory March 17 at Aqueduct when he held off a game effort by San Pablo to win by a neck in the $150,000 Excelsior (gr. III).
Rigoletta, one of the leading 2-year-old fillies of 2010, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury discovered after she ran sixth in the Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
She was born Jan. 24 at Chesapeake Farm near Lexington.
Declines, but not big ones, are expected at the Keeneland September yearling sale, which begins Monday.
Drew Nardiello's Chesapeake Farm, known for raising 2007 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Street Sense, has relocated to Wimbledon Farm.
Chesapeake Farm near Lexington has hired Brian Lyle as director of customer service and Thoroughbred consultant.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru