A sharp claim a year ago, Marilyn's Guy notched his first graded stakes victory March 17 at Aqueduct when he held off a game effort by San Pablo to win by a neck in the $150,000 Excelsior (gr. III).
Rigoletta, one of the leading 2-year-old fillies of 2010, has been retired from racing because of a tendon injury discovered after she ran sixth in the Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
She was born Jan. 24 at Chesapeake Farm near Lexington.
Declines, but not big ones, are expected at the Keeneland September yearling sale, which begins Monday.
Drew Nardiello's Chesapeake Farm, known for raising 2007 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Street Sense, has relocated to Wimbledon Farm.
Chesapeake Farm near Lexington has hired Brian Lyle as director of customer service and Thoroughbred consultant.
Most Popular Stories
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- 5 Tips for Feeding Weanlings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail