You'resothrilling made up for an unlucky run last month at Royal Ascot with a powerful one-length victory in the Irish Thoroughbred Marketing Cherry Hinton Stakes (Eng-II) on the opening day of the July meeting at Newmarket on Wednesday.
The Vodafone Oaks (Eng-I), first run at Epsom Downs in 1779, takes place at the historic Surrey venue June 1, and promises plenty after receiving 73 entries. A quartet of horses trained by Henry Cecil, and headed by group I winner Passage Time, are among the early hopefuls.
Clive Brittain pulled off another big race surprise when his 3-year-old filly, Rajeem, landed the UAE Equestrian and Racing Federation Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at odds of 50-1 at Newmarket on Wednesday.
Sheikh Mohammed's homebred Silent Honor captured Tuesday's Cherry Hinton Stakes (Eng-II) by a short head over Lady High Havens. The win came a day after John Ferguson purchased five sons and daughters of Sunday Silence on behalf of Sheikh Mohammed at the Japan Racing Horse Association's select foal sale.
Dora Carrington, sent off at 12-1 odds, displayed a closing kick to upset Enthused and seven other fillies in Tuesday's Cherry Hinton Stakes at Newmarket, England.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Klein Awarded TRA Journalism Scholarship
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Model Approach - By Eric Mitchell
- Wood, Breeder of Favorite Trick, Dies at 81
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- Breeders' Cup Selects Board of Directors
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings