Hirapour and McDynamo, the last two American steeplechase champions, meet Saturday to decide the 2005 title winner, headlining a field of nine in the $150,000 Colonial Cup (NSA-I) at Springdale Race Course in Camden, S.C.
Tres Touche took the lead right at the start of the New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) Thursday at Saratoga and never relinquished it in winning the 2 3/8-miles chase by a length over Cherokeeinthehills. Odds-on favorite and defending winner Praise the Prince finished fifth.
Augustin Stable's Praise the Prince will be back on Thursday afternoon to defend his title in the New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) for older horses at 2 3/8 miles over National Fences.
The most widely anticipated week of racing this season at Belmont Park begins on Thursday with $100,000-added Meadow Brook Steeplechase (NSA-I) for older horses at 2 1/2 miles over National Fences.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Dynatail First Winner for Hightail
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass