Margaret Burlingham's Saint Leon led from gate to wire to earn a repeat victory in the Arlington Sprint July 6 at Arlington Park. E. T. Baird rode the Michele Boyce-trained son of Stravinsky who scored by a head over Hogy.
Tajaaweed may have not had the best trip in the Oct. 8 Shadwell Turf Mile (gr. IT), where he finished sixth, but the son of Dynaformer looks poised and ready for a rebound in the Nov. 19 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Favored Yummy With Butter, ridden with procession by Paco Lopez, made it consecutive grade III wins on the Monmouth Park turf with a 3 1/4-length tally in the $100,500 Cliff Hanger Stakes Sept. 4.
Dean's Kitten, owned by Ken and Sarah Ramsey, has been installed as the lukewarm 7-2 morning line favorite in the $150,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT). Eight 3-year-olds were entered in the 1 1/8-mile turf event.
Donegal Racing's Paddy O'Prado earned his first grade I win in the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes, taking over in upper stretch and bounding home to victory as the 1-2 favorite Aug. 21 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares