Horses held up in Australia because of equine influenza are sold in Hong Kong at another blockbuster sale in that country.
It took a photo-finish...for fifth-place...in the third and last race of the International Jockeys' Championship at Happy Valley Racecourse in Hong Kong Wednesday night, and by the slimmest of margins, Australian Damien Oliver earned the award.
Some of the top international jockeys, including Frankie Dettori, Kieren Fallon, Mick Kinane, Christophe Soumillon, and Victor Espinoza will square off Wednesday evening at Happy Valley Racecourse in Hong Kong for the International Jockey Championship.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- High-Risk Gamble with Fiesolana Pays Off
- Brown Brings Talent Times Two Into F&M Turf
- Drug Tests Help Protect Integrity of California Horse Racing
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf