Penny Chenery has been selected as the Honor Guest of the Thoroughbred Club of America's Testimonial Dinner. The event takes place at Keeneland Sept. 30.
Giant Oak, Vox Populi Award, Zazu and more from a weekend of racing! View Slideshow
A festival to honor Hall of Fame member Secretariat will be held Sept. 25-26 in Bourbon County, Kentucky.
"Meadow Champions" is limited to a hand-numbered edition of 350 folio sets with the individual prints measuring 19 inches by 19 inches hand-signed by Penny Chenery.
There's always plenty of hay around the backstretch of any track, so it was a little surprising when we saw a bale arriving special delivery.
The Claiborne Farm Stallion Memorabilia Auction to benefit the Secretariat Foundation began on eBay March 20 and will run through March 30.
With a photo of Secretariat's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) win hanging on the Caroline County Community Center wall beside a Virginia General Assembly resolution commemorating the 30th anniversary of his Triple Crown, it may have been thought that the decision to relocate the Virginia state fair to where he was foaled, Meadow Farm, would have been a sure thing. Not so.
Plans are being finalized to relocate the State Fair of Virginia to Meadow Farm, birthplace of 1973 Triple Crown winner Secretariat.
The connections of the three Triple Crown winners in the 1970s are all rooting for Smarty Jones to become the 12th winner of the Triple Crown in next Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I.).
Feb. 21, 1962
Sir Gaylord at Hialeah
Secretariat Center for Retired Racehorses to benefit from 2003 Limited Edition Maker's Mark release.
Big Red now has his own Web site at www.secretariat.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- The Dirt On Synthetics Timeline
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen
- Delaware, Lab Work to Improve Test Turnaround