Lord Windermere stormed through the field in the final stretch to win the prestigious Cheltenham Gold Cup in a photo finish before a sellout crowd of 67,500 March 14 on the final day of the Cheltenham Festival
TVG will televise the four-day 2012 Cheltenham Festival from England's Cheltenham Racecourse March 13-16.
TVG kicks off eight months of live coverage of racing from England when it presents next week's Cheltenham Festival. Coverage will continue through the end of August with specific tracks, meets and races to be announced.
The Cheltenham Festival, Britain's most popular jump meeting, broke attendance records this year, the first time the racing was staged over four (March 15-18) rather than three days.
Jim Lewis' Best Mate took charge shortly before jumping the 21st of 22 fences and held off a challenge from Sir Rembrandt to win Thursday's $630,000 Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeplechase (Eng-I) for the third consecutive year.
Hardy Eustace held off a late charge by favorite Rooster Booster and won the Champion Hurdle on Tuesday, the opening day of the Cheltenham Festival.
Tickets to see the Cheltenham Gold Cup are sold out, but if you don't have tickets or can't make it across the water, Aqueduct will offer its fans the opportunity to watch and wager on the race from New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return