TVG will televise the four-day 2012 Cheltenham Festival from England's Cheltenham Racecourse March 13-16.
TVG kicks off eight months of live coverage of racing from England when it presents next week's Cheltenham Festival. Coverage will continue through the end of August with specific tracks, meets and races to be announced.
The Cheltenham Festival, Britain's most popular jump meeting, broke attendance records this year, the first time the racing was staged over four (March 15-18) rather than three days.
Jim Lewis' Best Mate took charge shortly before jumping the 21st of 22 fences and held off a challenge from Sir Rembrandt to win Thursday's $630,000 Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeplechase (Eng-I) for the third consecutive year.
Hardy Eustace held off a late charge by favorite Rooster Booster and won the Champion Hurdle on Tuesday, the opening day of the Cheltenham Festival.
Tickets to see the Cheltenham Gold Cup are sold out, but if you don't have tickets or can't make it across the water, Aqueduct will offer its fans the opportunity to watch and wager on the race from New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says