After several juvenile sales this year in Florida, buyers on the West Coast will get the chance to shop closer to home when Barretts conducts its select 2-year-old sale March 29 at Del Mar, the second year at that location.
Millennium Force, a daughter of Hansen, turned in the fastest furlong work of :09 4/5 at the under-tack preview for the Barretts May 2-year-old sale at Del Mar. Among those working a quarter-mile, a son of Speightstown posted :20 3/5.
- By Tracy Gantz
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, Breeders' Cup, Thoroughbred Sales, West Region
Mr Notorious, a French 2-year-old winner eligible for the Breeders' Cup, topped the Barretts Paddock Sale at Del Mar, selling for $200,000. The July 25 sale was held in the Del Mar paddock immediately after the day's races.
Led by a record-priced Forestry colt for $75,000, results soared across the board at the Northern California yearling and horses of racing age sale Aug. 12.
A flashy gray colt by The Pamplemousse impressed trainers and pinhookers at the Barretts Sales & Racing October yearling sale, with Bob Baffert going to $160,000 to buy the top-priced offering at the Oct. 8 sale.
Horses of racing age averaged $38,940 at the inaugural Barretts paddock sale at Del Mar in Southern California July 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000