With no suitable male heir, Swaps has faded from the breeding headlines, but his daughters left a more important legacy.
Attorney Jim Philpott has taken a lot of journeys throughout his life. And though he was casually involved with horses at a young age, he never imagined his career path after law school would eventually revolve around the Thoroughbred world.
Feb. 23, 1963
Chateaugay at Hialeah
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Set for March 17-18
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Average Up, Median Steady as Karaka Sale Ends
- Demonstrative in Aiken Thoroughbred HOF